Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mammoth Grinder / Hatred Surge - Split 12"

The long awaited split between Texas' Mammoth Grinder and Hatred Surge finally arrived today. I just love everything about this record. Two favorite bands of mine with new material, fucking great cover art and quality pressing. I've currently played it 5 times in a row tonight and can't get enough. Only problem is which band to file it under on the record shelf. I'm tempted to say this is the best Mammoth Grinder recording to date but I'll have to think about that a bit longer, definitely up there. This is the first Hatred Surge recording with new vocalist Rahi from Insect Warfare replacing Faiza. I always thought the dual male/female vocals on earlier HS records gave them a really intense sound and that's what drew me to them in the first place. Don't get me wrong, the new stuff still kills it, it's just a different beast now. At least I can still get my Faiza fix from Mindless.





The red vinyl was for the first 100 pre orders and 400 black copies were also pressed but it all sold out straight away. Keep your eyes peeled on Cyclopean Records for a second pressing coming soon. In the mean time you can listen to the whole record below.

2 comments:

  1. the new hatred surge songs sound amazing with Rahi, I need to get my hands on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Praise have a few left if you're quick.
    http://givepraiserecords.com/fastshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=671

    ReplyDelete