Monday, May 10, 2010

Darkthrone

Peaceville Records have repressed some classic Darkthrone albums on 180 gram vinyl with gatefold sleeves limited to 1000 copies. I think these have been out for a few months now but I only found out recently.

Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky



Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon



Before these came out you had to either fork out on ebay or settle for a shitty picture disc. I cranked these so loud on my stereo that my ears were ringing afterwards. If you've never given Darkthrone a listen before, these are the albums to start with. So fucking good. Just waiting patiently for Transilvanian Hunger to get reissued so I can complete the unholy trilogy.

2 comments:

  1. rocking horse has a few darkthrone records in. was thinking about picking up Transilvanian hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a picture disc or bootleg? Peaceville doesn't seem to have any yet.

    ReplyDelete