Monday, April 18, 2011

Dinosaur Jr - You're Living All Over Me

I spent a few hours digging through crates and crates of records at a collectors fair on the weekend. This is just one of the many gems I found. Dinosaur Jr's classic second album from 1987 on SST Records. The very first pressing of this album still had the Dinosaur title on them but were later recalled after a lawsuit made them change the name to Dinosaur Jr. My copy has the Jr title but seems to still be a very early 87 pressing on clear pink vinyl. I don't usually go out of my way to chase original pressings if there's a cheaper reissue available but in this case I scored it for $10. There's a certain nostalgic feel to original pressings though. This record was bought when the album first came out, traveled around, maybe passed hands a few times, played at parties or in some stoners bedroom and now it's getting cranked on my stereo in 2011.





1 comment:

  1. Probably my fave DJ record. Very jealous that you managed to nab it for $10! FML. FMDEBTS.

    ReplyDelete