Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hooded Menace - Never Cross The Dead

Hooded Menace are a Doomy Death Metal band from Finland and this is their second album. They're influenced by bands like Winter, Cathedral and Candlemass and the lyrics are mostly horror themed. Whenever I play this record I end up in a hypnotic lounge room headbang, it just sucks you in. The logo and cover art is fucking awesome too. I managed to score the black and red splatter vinyl which was limited to 100 copies. Doomentia Records seem to be sold out of this already but you might be able to find one somewhere else if you're quick.



2 comments:

  1. Hey -- love your site.

    Two questions:

    1) What kind of camera do you use? You take great pictures and photographing vinyl can be so hard (what with the glare and all). Got any tips?

    2) What kind of turn table do you have? I'm looking to get a new one and was wondering if you have any suggestions.

    Cheers.

    PS - Post pics of Thou's Summit vinyl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks man. I actually use a pretty average camera, it's just an old Canon PowerShot point and shoot. Photographing vinyl is a bitch, all I do is turn off the flash and take photos near a window during the daytime so you get some natural light. You tend to get glare if you have the lights turned on inside your house as well.

    The turntable I have at the moment is a Music Hall MMF 2.1 which is the red one in my header. I've had it for a few years and I'm really happy with it. Just stay away from those cheap plastic automatic turntables, you know the one's with play and stop buttons. The best of the kinda entry level audiophile turntables would be a Music Hall or a Pro-Ject.

    Good luck with that man and I'll hopefully have Summit soon.

    ReplyDelete